Smilo is a unique blockchain platform which supports the combination of hybrid transactions, hybrid smart contracts, and hybrid decentralised applications — with ‘hybrid’ referring to both public and private. Smilo's intent is to use blockchain technology to create an alternative protocol for decentralised applications.
Smilo's unique strength stems from its combination of several features. The best affordances of the Smilo platform are the hybrid transactions, -smart contracts, and -decentralised applications. No other platform has yet to combine these features. A combination of these features is very useful in many different scenarios, examples of which are explored further below.
The core team of the Smilo platform consists of sixteen members with various specialities. In addition to the core team, the Smilo platform has access to over 200 developers to work for Smilo through freelance partnerships. The leaders of the Smilo platform have over 30 years of business and IT experience.
The intent of Smilo is to create a full-featured blockchain platform which hosts hybrid transactions, -smart contracts, and -decentralised applications. Since we are creating the platform in Java from square one, we can ensure it is completely open source.
Idea from Elkan Roelen, the founder of Smilo.
- Forming Smilo’s team
- First written foundations
- Start prototype development
- Research of different network protocols and consensus algorithms
- Whitepaper development
- First partnerships
- Prototype development:
- Implementation of blocks, transactions and verifications
- Website launch
- Official BV registration
- Opening community channels
- Prototype development implementation of:
- Smilo BFT+ with SPoRT
- Private transactions
- Private sale
- Prototype development:
- Implementation of light wallet
- Open-source prototype on Github
- Starting development of:
- Smilo SDK
- Private pre-sale.
- Starting testnet development
- Starting hardware wallet development
- Testnet launch.
- Light wallet.
- Community-driven performance tests.
- Consult and help partners with first Dapps.
- Start development of our own secret Dapp.
- Public sale
- Mainnet launch.
- SmiloContract development:
- Implementing new languages
- Language choice based on community votes
- Mainnet launch event
- Token Distribution
- Exchange listing
First DevCon Smilo developers.
Multiple Dapp launches by partners.
Start DEX development.
Extend Improved Sharding.
Multiple hardware wallet support.
Self sovereign identity.